In early September, Intel released the long-anticipated Socket 1156. Shortly thereafter, Prolimatech released the bigger and better version of the Megahalems which now comes with extra set of fan clips for even better cooling results. It also includes the new all-in-one backplate for an easy, convenient installation on Intel Socket 775, 1156, 1366 and 2011. Also added to the upgrade package is the new material for the top fin on this "Mega" heatsink. This particular fin is made of all stainless steel. Its main features incorporate a greater resistance to accidental scratches and oxidation. For regular maintenance, all you have to do is lightly polish it with a soft cloth so you'll always have that new out-of-the-box shiny looks; great for showing off at LAN parties and to your friends!
Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.C Quiet CPU Cooler Features
- Top fin made of scratch-resistant Stainless Steel to preserve shine.
- Minimal air resistance between fins allowing best balance between noise and performance in range of . For all out performance, fan RPM at 1600 or above is recommended.
- Heatpipes are lined up in a straight line to prevent air back draft allowing air to easily pass through the heatsink body.
- Wide gaps between fins with mathematically calculated thickness to maximize best air-to-surface cooling rate.
- Easy-to-install retention mechanism for LGA 775, 1366, 1150, 1155, 1156 and 2011 and AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+.
- Includes easy-to-apply high grade thermal compound, a perfect sidekick to all Prolimatech heatsinks.
- New Universal Backplate to support all Intel platforms.
- Two sets of fan clips for a duo-fan installation.
CPU Cooler Specification
|Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.C CPU Cooler Technical Specification|
|Heatsink Dimension||(L)130mm x (W)74mm x (H)158.7mm|
|Heatsink Weight||790 g|
|Heatpipe||Ø 6mm X 6pcs|
|Suggested Fan Sizes||120mm X 120mm X 25mm, 140mm X 140mm X 25mm|
|Noise Level||Below 26dB(A)|
|Air Flow||57 CFM|
|Direction of heatsink||Faces the rear exhaust system fan|
|CPU Platform||Intel Socket LGA 775/1366/1156/1155/1150/2011 , AMD Socket AM2/2+/3/3+|