This premium range of quiet rack enclosures provides the ultimate combination of noise reduction and air cooled thermal performance. The 9210i EDGE range is a viable alternative to a costly dedicated comms room, by allowing the deployment of servers and network equipment directly in the office environment.
With an astonishing noise reduction capability of up to 31 dB(A), this range of quiet rack cabinets will reduce equipment noise to a level below that of background noise in an average office without talking, whilst providing a thermal load capacity of up to 12 kW (equivalent to 37 single processor servers and peripherals).
Being thermostatically controlled, the rear fan blowers maintain sufficient airflow throughout the rack cabinet, providing the required level of thermal dissipation, whilst optimizing the level of 'ambient' background noise the cabinet itself generates and minimizing power expenditure.
Also, the spacious internal dimensions provide ample room for orderly cable routing throughout the 9210i EDGE cabinet, with varied cable entry options to the bottom of the enclosure.
The inclusion of a washable dust-filter, promoting extended equipment life-span and reduced maintenance costs, is optional throughout the 9210i EDGE range.
UCoustic 9210i EDGE Active Specifications:
|External dimensions and weights|
|Cabinet useable space(1U = 44.45mm)||12U|
|External height without castors||620mm - 24.41"|
|External height with castors||720mm - 28.35"|
|Weight||133kg - 293lbs|
|Floor footprint (w x d)||780mm x 1100mm - 30.71" x 43.31"|
|Floor footprint with doors (w x d)||780mm x 1210mm - 30.71" x 47.64""|
|Useable internal depth||825mm - 32.48"|
|Maximum load capacity||1000kg - 2205lbs without castors / 500kg - 1102lbs on castors|
|Castors||Supplied as Standard|
|Cabinet Color||Uspace Black with Montana Blue trim|
|Delivery||Delivered fully-assembled and ready to go|
Energy and attenuation performance:
|Energy and attenuation performance|
|Maximum heat load||12kW|
|Maximum power consumption||Up to 1 Amp|
UCoustic 9210i EDGE Active Cabinet Features:
Active UCoustic™ soundproof server cabinets include:
- Wardrobe style front and rear doors on active and passive cabinets
- Active rear doors contain one EC fan in each door; each fan has a speed controller and temperature sensor
- Built in environmental monitoring system, accessible via the free integral graphical user interface
- Fully adjustable 19” mounting angles fitted front and rear
- Soundproof cable entry system
- Six cable entry points via removable gland plates, three at the top and three at the bottom
- Load bearing castors
- For maintaining the IT equipment, all doors and panels are easy to remove and refit
- Cabinets are finished in USpace Black with Montana Blue highlights
UCoustic Active 9210i EDGE Cabinets:
The UCoustic family of enclosures have been designed to be more than just a state of the art sound proof boxes; they are also excellent data communication cabinets.
The combination of record breaking noise attenuation and thermal dissipation performance ensures the UCoustic™ family is a world class leader in its field.
For the uninitiated 31dBA is a massive noise reduction to achieve from a 19" Enclosure and to achieve this USystems have invested heavily in research and development, utilizing state of the art technology and included the latest most effective acoustic materials available.
This amazing noise reduction has been achieved without compromise to cooling the active equipment housed within. In fact the UCoustic™ 9210i EDGE has been tested and achieves a staggering thermal capability of 12kW of heat dissipation.
So what does 31dB(A) noise reduction mean and what benefits do I get?
As with all sound proof enclosures, the performance of the UCoustic™ family relies upon the ingenuity of the enclosure design and the acoustic material used in order to remove as much noise from the enclosed sound source (e.g. servers) as is possible.
Noise is measured in decibels (dB(A)) so when we claim 31dB(A) noise reduction, this is the amount of noise being removed from the sound source (your server room or office).
Claims such as 90% noise reduction are a bit nebulous. A soundproof (or sound dampening) enclosure is going to remove a specified amount of noise (decibels) from the surrounding area, according to how it was designed and manufactured. Your sound reduction result is dependent on the amount of noise in the location you are trying to subdue.
Putting this into IT/Network context, the typical noise from (2) low form factory servers with avg. CPU loads is 62 dB(A). With (4) servers, 65 dB(A) and with (8) servers, 68 dB(A). With a UCoustic™ soundproof cabinet placed in an office environment, which is typically between 48dB(A) (average office without speech) and 78dB(A) (busy office with speech), you will not be able to hear the original sound source from within the UCoustic™ Cabinet unless you had your ear pressed up again the cabinet!
- A 5-decibel reduction can cut the risk of hearing loss in half.
- Productivity of employees. Prolonged exposure to loud environments creates stress and can lead to accidents.
- Insurance companies are applying pressure to corporations due to hearing loss claims filed under workman's comp laws.
- Government regulations enforced by OSHA, State and local laws.
UCoustic 9210 Active Useful PDFs:
- UCoustic 9210i EDGE Series Cabinets PDF
- UCoustic Manual PDF
- Shipping - Removing From Pallet PDF
- Disassembly PDF
- Assembly PDF
- Fitting The Dust Filter PDF
- Fitting The Earth Bonding Kit PDF
- UCoustic Retrofit Ventilation System PDF